Saturday, March 22, 2008

A tower of cakes


This cake was the biggest cake I have ever done, for 300 people. Plus, I transported the cake layers to northern Kentucky (just below Cincinnati), for the wedding. My husband's cousin was getting married, and I volunteered to do her cake. I made all the cakes and froze them, carried them up to their house the week of the wedding. Then I spent two days making icing and putting the cakes together. What was worse, my oldest son was only about 1 yr. old and he got his first and only ear infection while we were there. So the day I was supposed to get started icing the cakes we had to take him to the doctor. It was a nightmare. It took me two days to frost the cakes, put on the fondant, and then decorate the layers. Truly the last time I attempt a cake that big long distance. But it was a success, and they were happy with it. I think it turned out pretty. It leaned a little with all the columns and cakes, but it didn't fall and it was pretty.

No comments: