Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sibert wedding


Here is the wedding cake I made for my own wedding. It was vanilla cake with a peach champagne filling. It is a belini cake. My husband loves peaches, so I made it for him. The buttercream frosting is silky smooth with a hint of peach schnapp's. Love it. It even mimicked the print in my wedding dress, a detail I didn't realize until after the wedding. Anyway, it was good. It got a lot of church friends hooked on my wedding cakes. Some won't even eat wedding cake now unless it is mine. Again, no cake mixes here. All butter, flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla beans. Buttercream is an Italian meringue buttercream: none of that sticky, heavy shortening and powdered sugar stuff that bedecks and ruins cakes made by most folks. The taste of the cake, filling shine through and the buttercream adds a silky finish. Yummy.

No comments: