Thursday, March 20, 2008

My first try at Gum Paste flowers


This was actually my first wedding cake customer outside of family after I started my business here. The bride was a resident at Roanoke Memorial and their wedding was at the resort past Blacksburg, Va where they filmed the Dirty Dancing movie. I can't think of the name right now. Anyway, no air conditioning in the lodge, but it was so nice and cool. We had to transport the cake in separate layers, then I assembled them and arranged the flowers on site. I also made petit four desserts for the wedding too: lemon butter bars, raspberry filled cookies, and some other stuff that I don't remember anymore. This cake I taught myself how to do gum paste calla lilies and some other small filler flowers. The greenery and the purple flowers are real, but the rest of the flowers are handmade by me. It was gorgeous and I was so proud of the way this turned out.

No comments: