Thursday, March 20, 2008

My best friend's wedding cake



I made the cake layers (almond) for this and froze them briefly to transport them to Maryland for my best friend's wedding. I have known Dana since the 7th grade. I was in her wedding as a bridesmaid, and offered to do her wedding cake. About a month or so earlier, my mom and I transported several kinds of petit fours to her house for a bridal shower too. That is in one of the pictures too. Italian espresso squares, lemon curd tartletts with raspberries on top, linzer hearts,
and mexican wedding cakes. Yummo. They were so pretty and elegant. Anyway, I assembled her cake in her kitchen and transported it to the reception site before the wedding. Talk about stressful. That was nothing compared to what I would do a few years later for my husband's cousin. Anyway, I make cakes and will travel for friends and family to deliver. It was a different kind of cake for me, and the tuille swags were a challenge. Dana was so happy with the cake though.

No comments: